Friday, February 25, 2011

User Profile Service–List of Synchronization Connections Shows Nothing

This has happened to me a couple times now.  I go to run a full profile synchronization in SharePoint 2010, it appears to cycle fully, but in the end no user profiles get updated.  I go to look at my Synchronization Connection settings and nothing is shown in the list – just a message “"The query returns nothing.".  Alas, I know I’ve configured the connection.

Can’t explain why this is happening, but its related to the Forefront Identity Manager Service.  It shows as startup type automatic in the Services Console, but the status is blank.  Manually start the service and the problems seem to go away.  Maybe when I have some time I’ll try to get to the root of this problem – why isn’t the service starting on its own?

No comments:

Post a Comment